Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Don't Stop Now!

My muse has just taught me a very valuable lesson. Don't stop in the middle!

I have tried to come back to working on a project that I put away a little while back. The exact reason, or reasons, that I stopped are fuzzy now, but I'm sure it made perfect sense at the time.

I'm a big note leaver. I write snippets of plot and dialogue on scraps of paper, then I stick them in a notebook set aside for the particular project they go with. Of course I assume that I will know exactly what I was thinking then at a later date, but of course, I rarely do.

So, I've taken this out, dusted it off and... I have no idea what to do next. It's obvious where to start. Middle of the page on page 12, practically in mid-sentence, but now my train of thought is long gone. Pulled out of the station and I missed it.

Moral of this story. Don't stop! Finish the thing. Oh, wicked Muse. Why do you plague me with so many other ideas?
AHHHHHHH!

Until next time,

T.C.

No comments: