Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Answer is...Yes! Sort of..

I recently took a trip back to my old home town to visit family members and take care of some last little bits of "moving" business. I was worried about how I'd feel there.

I shouldn't have. I was calm, and I really didn't have but one or two "homesick" twinges. I longed for my own bed, though and once the trip was over, and I had made it far enough West to see the Texas Hill Country, I felt I was "home." I couldn't drive fast enough to get here!

The best thing I did during my few days in my old town was meet with my writer's group, Humble Fiction Cafe. It was so nice to see all my friends and they welcomed me back with big smiles and a few hugs. We had a great meeting, learned a lot and...we recorded a pod cast! I'll keep you posted as to when it will be available.

Moving is traumatic, even if it is something you want to do. But, yes, you can "go home" to good friends and that's what I'm happy about.

Until next time.

T.C.

1 comment:

Sheryl Lynn said...

It was good to see you too!